[Equest-users] Negative capacity ratio problem for complex cooling/heating system

fiona.you at cn.bureauveritas.com fiona.you at cn.bureauveritas.com
Thu Mar 19 02:34:10 PDT 2015

Hi eQuest Users,

I am modeling a complex cooling/heating system.

It includes:
One heat recovery water-cooled screw chiller
Two air-cooled screw chillers
Two water-cooled screw chillers
One ground source heat pump (GSHP)

The heating source is district steam.

When I connected all these chillers and steam meter together on a 2-pipe
loop, an error occurred.
"coil curve generating a negative capacity ratio. Check the loop supply
temperature,  140.F, for consistency with the coil curves"
However, no error occurred when I separate the steam meter to another hot
water loop. Obviously, separate the steam meter on hot water loop is not
what I want for not considering GSHP.

Does anyone have a solution of my problem?

Regards,

Fiona You

"This message contains confidential information.
To know more, please click on the following link: http://disclaimer.bureauveritas.com"