[Equest-users] Evaporative Media on Air-cooled Chiller

Kevin McGaffigan kmcgaffigan at dmiinc.com
Fri May 1 13:23:08 PDT 2015

Kusum,

I just took a look at your PRD file and it looks like you changed the condenser type to remote evaporatively cooled without updating the chiller EIR or the fan/pump EIR associated with the remote condenser.  For an air-cooled chiller, the condenser fan power is built into the chiller EIR value but once you set the condenser type to remote, eQuest calculates the condenser fan and condenser pump energy separately based on the EIR you specify (default in this case).  You might try either removing the fan energy from the chiller EIR or zeroing out the condenser fan and pump EIR values.

You could also look into changing the minimum condensing temperature.  The default is 80°F but you might be able to reduce that by a few degrees to increase savings.

Kevin