[Equest-users] 回复:RE: 回复: 回复:RE: Reply: The problem of minimum equipment efficiency requirement of Ashrae 90.1-2007

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Tue May 26 07:17:43 PDT 2015

I would not use a flat curve for the baseline boiler because the baseline boiler is “natural draft” (G3.1.2.2), and natural draft boilers do not operate at full load efficiency at part load conditions. I think the safest approach is to use part load boiler performance curves from COMNET Modeling Guide p.201 (copied below and found at http://www.comnet.org/mgp/content/boilers?purpose=0). This resource is directly referenced by USGBC as the source for modeling assumptions http://www.usgbc.org/resources/comnet-commercial-buildings-energy-modeling-guidelines.

As far as SEER to EER and HSPF to COP conversions, 90.1 2013 finally provided these in G3.1.2.1, along with the formulas for extracting fan power from efficiency ratings:

G3.1.2.1 Equipment Efficiencies. All HVAC equipment

in the baseline building design shall be modeled at the mini-

mum efficiency levels, both part load and full load, in accordance

with Section 6.4. Chillers shall use Path A efficiencies

as shown in Table 6.8.1-3 where efficiency ratings include

supply fan energy, the efficiency rating shall be adjusted to

remove the supply fan energy. For Baseline HVAC Systems 1,

2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, calculate the minimum COPnfcooling and

COPnfheating using the equation for the applicable performance

rating as indicated in Tables 6.8.1-1 through 6.8.1-4.

Where a full- and part-load efficiency rating is provided in

Tables 6.8.1-1 through 6.8.1-4, the full-load equation below

shall be used:

COPnfcooling = 7.84E-8 × EER × Q + 0.338 × EER

COPnfcooling = –0.0076 × SEER2 + 0.3796 × SEER

COPnfheating = 1.48E-7 × COP47 × Q + 1.062 × COP47

(applies to heat-pump heating efficiency only)

COPnfheating = –0.0296 × HSPF2 + 0.7134 × HSPF

where COPnfcooling and COPnfheating are the packaged HVAC

equipment cooling and heating energy efficiency, respectively,

to be used in the baseline building, which excludes

supply fan power, and Q is the AHRI-rated cooling capacity

in Btu/h.

EER, SEER, COP, and HSPF shall be at AHRI test conditions.

Fan energy shall be modeled separately according to

Section G3.1.2.10.

Hope this helps,

Maria

--