[Hap-users] Opinions and Satisfaction Level of HAP

Mark Sorensen DEnergyServices at comcast.net
Thu Jul 10 17:56:38 PDT 2008

Greetings All,

After twenty seven years in the HVAC industry, I have started a small
energy consulting company within the last year.  I have been getting a
lot of interest for energy simulation modeling particularly with LEED
and EPACT projects.  Have done several modeling projects using HAP and
find it quite easy to learn and use. The results are verifiable and have
yet to find a system that I wasn't able to use the software on. Been
reading about a lot of other programs out there (Trace, DOE, Energy Plus
etc) and am hoping for some feedback (good and bad) from some of you
other users of the HAP program. Have you and do you use other programs
as well? Are you satisfied with HAP? Would you recommend staying with
HAP or investing the time to learn a different program? What are some of
the short comings you have found with HAP?

I welcome your feedback.

Thanks
Mark Sorensen
Diversified Energy Services