[Hap-users] Inconsistent results for different part of buildings

Tanveer Alam Tanveer.Alam at BuroHappold.com
Mon Feb 25 04:06:39 PST 2013

Dear Authority,

                      I am calculating cooling load for a residential
building of 78 stories using HAP 4.6. Weather data is of Mumbai, India.
In a typical flat, there is one living room, two bedrooms & a master
bedroom. I am taking each one as separate zone & calculating using CAV
single zone, undefined equipment system.

                     In all the cases(flats), CFM/sq-ft for living room
comes to be between 1.5-2 which is quite normal. But for bedrooms, it is
between 4-5.5 which seems to be quite large. U value is consistent in
all flats. Kindly state the possible reasons.

Thanks & Best Regards :

Tanveer Alam

Graduate MEP Engineer

Buro Happold

Cell: +91-7507570084

Email: tanveer.alam at burohappold.com
<mailto:amit.deshmukh at burohappold.com>

Office: 201, Delta, Hiranadani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai-400 076.

www.burohappold.com <http://www.burohappold.com/>