[Simergy-users] How to shade windows?

Simergy Beta Program SimergyBetaProgram at DigitalAlchemyPro.com
Sun Aug 2 13:51:13 PDT 2015

Felix,

This is a very good question.  Simergy was developed primarily to model commercial buildings.  It can be used for residential buildings, but it is limited in that regard.  Nevertheless, we will research this and get back to you.

Regards,

Simergy Support

 <mailto:Support at DigitalAlchemyPro.com> Support at DigitalAlchemyPro.com

 <http://www.digitalalchemypro.com/> www.DigitalAlchemyPro.com

From: Simergy-users [mailto:simergy-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Felix Collins
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:06 AM
To: simergy-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Simergy-users] How to shade windows?

Hi,

I'm a beginner when it comes to building modelling so please excuse my ignorance. I'm modelling a house I'm designing for myself. I want to get an idea of heating demand and to investigate cost/benefit of various alternatives.

I've put in my model and set up the windows using custom openings because the window are not in arrays. Now I can't figure out how to set up shading of the windows. The house will have eaves that will shade the windows on the top story. The bottom story will have a shade built onto the building.

How do I create a solar shade over a custom opening? Should I use a site solar obstruction?

Thanks,

Felix

Christchurch

New Zealand