[Trace-users] Baseline Model Rotations

Julia Beabout juliabeabout at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 06:36:45 PDT 2009

Hi Steve,
You can also manually change the orientation of your building if you like via the change load parameters option.
Go to the Actions menu and then Change Load Parameters.  There you can input the building orientation from degrees north.  Whatever value you input here (in degrees) gets added to the degree inputs you put in for each wall and window etc on the space input pages.

Julia

________________________________

>>> "Steve Tobin" <stobin at smithboucher.com> 4/7/2009 11:53 AM >>>

All,
When creating a model for LEED Submittal in Trane Trace 700 is there an easy way to model the rotations of the baseline model?

I have created my design and baseline models to where they need to be; however, I still need to do the rotations.  The only way I see to do this is to create an alternative for each rotation and then change the wall and roof orientations for each room created.  I have not been able to find a easier way to do this but I would assume that if there is an Appendix G summary report there would be an easier way to model the rotations of the baseline model.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Steve Tobin
PROJECT ENGINEER
25501 west valley parkway