[Trace-users] Split System with DOAS for LEED (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Fri Feb 4 08:24:47 PST 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Bob(s)

Mr. Fassbender, Your answer confuses me.

You say it is not acceptable to model as 1 system, but the image you
attached shows that you are using the "dedicated OA" tab.

The second concern I have is that my outside air unit has energy recovery,
but the fan coils do not.  Like Mr. Arnott's system, the heating and cooling
unit is return only with no outside air.  So if I make a fan coil system,
then input the information under the 'dedicated OA' tab, if I input my
energy recovery under with 'options' tab will Trace know to credit the
energy recovery to the DOA unit, because the fan coil has no energy recovey.

Mr. Fassbender, can you explain what you meant by not modeling with 1
system?

Also, I need to look deeper into the exhaust situation, thanks for the tip
before I even needed it.

John Eurek PE, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer,
US Army Corps of Engineers