[Trace-users] Part load conditions

Scott Parker sparker at aeieng.com
Thu Jan 24 06:15:11 PST 2013

Catalina,

I would guess that you are working on a LEED project.  From my experience the LEED reviewer will not accept the automatic fan calculation within Trace.  You need to manually calculate the maximum break HP for each fan for the baseline systems.  I recommend putting them in units of kW/CFM.  You will need to manually do the fan power calculations according to 90.1 and adjust for any "allowances" per 90.1.  Please don't use the Full Load Energy Rate numbers I have used.  You'll need to calculate these for your specific conditions per 90.1 requirements.