[Trace-users] Control Panel & Interlocks

Mike Oliva moliva at wlc-kc.net
Fri Aug 22 15:00:03 PDT 2014

I'm modeling for LEED and trying to make sure I have everything accounted
for w/ in the requirements and for submitting to LEED online but I think I
have an issue with the way TRACE applies these energy riders of the control
panel & interlocks to some plants (90.1 boiler = 0.5kw).  For one, the
energy use is applied to electrical space heating component even if Gas
(ex. boiler) and LEED does not allow electrical space heating use for
fossil fuel heating source, so I extract that energy use to define as
process energy. I have a boiler in both cases so both are modeled with the
same rider (0.5kw).

The next issue I come up w/ since I've pulled out that electrical as
process is that the proposed boiler runs for much fewer hours than the
baseline so even tho the control panel interlock energy use is the same for
each, the difference in run time causes the baseline to be quite a bit
more.

Curious what folks are doing in this situation, or has it ever come up?
are you creating copies of all the Trace 90.1 plants and removing the
control panel & interlock component?

Thanks,
Mike