[Trace-users] Outside Air Flow (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Wed Dec 10 13:13:18 PST 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I am trying to make the baseline outside air match the baseline.

When I go into 'Change Load Parameters' and check 'Force VAV minimum always>= nominal ventilation during design'
The heating air cfm is greater than the cooling cfm, but the outside air flows for both meet the required outside air flow.

When I uncheck 'Force VAV minimum always>= nominal ventilation during design'
The heating air outdoor air cfm won't go high enough to meet the required outside air no matter what value I put.

Note: I forced the baseline model match the purposed by entering a cfm/sqft and varying the cfm/sqft until it matches the purposed.

For now I'm going with checking the 'Force VAV minimum always>= nominal ventilation during design'.  It makes the outside air work out, but it also makes the fan power really high, something I'm sure the reviewer will *%$# about later.

My system for the baseline is System 6 - Packaged RTU VAV Reheat PFP, DX & Electric.