[Trace-users] Question about how Trace calculates the Latent Ventilation Load‏.

Daniel Kaler DanielK at mepassociates.com
Mon Dec 29 06:58:50 PST 2014

Ahmed,

Can you include your room checksums report? That is the first place you should resort to when analyzing the load on a given space. It will break down your peak cooling loads on a sensible and latent basis.

My initial suggestions would be to see what you have entered for loads from occupants and the total number of occupants in the space. Additionally do you have the correct weather location referenced? If you’re brining in  roughly 1,200 CFM of OA, I would look at your design conditions for the location you have specified.

TRACE will give the results solely from the information you enter. You will need to dig into your user entered information. Without seeing the checksums or the file itself I cannot give you an answer to why your loads are coming out greater.

Dan Kaler EIT
Energy Engineer

MEP Associates, LLC   engineers | consultants | commissioning
o 651.379.9120 ext. 1307 | mepassociates.com<http://www.mepassociates.com/>