[Trace-users] WSHP

Briller, Dan Dan.Briller at rsandh.com
Fri May 2 09:00:39 PDT 2014

Hi Oscar,

>From what I know (I just did a similar project), you have to have the thermal storage capacity in the WSHP loop. The thermal storage is the "first responder" to calls for heat and cold from the zones (in this case, rooms). The cooling tower and supplemental heating boost the thermal storage as-needed but typically operate intermittently.

Your model may have some other flaw(s)  that allows for the high savings. Or the 40% could be the normal condition (I just achieved 33% against a very difficult baseline). In addition, a COP of 4 is not that great (mine has a heating COP of 5.2 and cooling EER of 14.4).

Hope that's helpful,

Dan Briller
RS&H

Daniel L. "Dan" Briller P.E., LEED AP BD+C
Energy/Environmental Engineer
10748 Deerwood Park Boulevard South
Jacksonville, FL  32256-0597
Phone: 800-741-2014 x2329 / Mobile: 571-314-4002
mailto:Dan.Briller at rsandh.com

Visit our website at http://www.rsandh.com
Connect with RS&H on https://www.facebook.com/WeAreRSandH https://twitter.com/wearersandh http://www.linkedin.com/company/rs%26h