[Trace-users] nominal ventilation for heating and cooling

Hayssam Barhoun Hayssam.Barhoun at arup.com
Wed May 21 11:15:16 PDT 2014

Oscar,

Is your question related to your baseline model or your proposed model?

This may be related to your use of ASHRAE 62.1 methodology in Trace.
Look into the room under the air flow tab, check the value for the heating zone air distribution effectiveness. If you have different values between the cooling and heating modes, your zone outdoor air flow will be corrected by the zone air distribution effectiveness.

Check also your system ventilation flag (under create systems - advanced) to see if your summing up the room OA requirements or you are applying ASHRAE 62.1 system level correction.
Hope this helps

Hayssam Barhoun PEng, LEED AP, PhD, BEMP
Senior Engineer | Mechanical
Arup
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 2400  Toronto  Ontario  M4W 1A8 Canada
t +1 416 515 0915 x24427  d +1 647 260 3427
www.arup.com