[TRNSYS-users] Questions on Type 47 and Li-Ion Batteries

sylvain.hippolyte at external.gdfsuez.com sylvain.hippolyte at external.gdfsuez.com
Fri Aug 10 07:53:43 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I have a couple questions regarding batteries in TRNSYS 17.

1.       I have been trying to use a battery (type 47c) combined with a regulator/inverter (type 48b). The input and load powers are read from external files.

When I increase the number of cells in parallel or in series while keeping the same cell energy capacity (in Ah), the amount of energy storable in the battery (energy stored in the battery when it reaches 100% SOC) does not change, and is way above the rated energy capacity (that I consider equal to C = Cell Energy Capacity x Cells in parallel x Cells in series x Voltage, expressed in Ah).

However, when I change the values of the max charge and discharge currents, it changes the amount energy storable in the battery, which I don't understand either.

Moreover, if the battery is fully charged and starts discharging, the fractional state of charge of the battery increases above 1, instead of decreasing as it should be the case.

Could someone give me some insights on what I am missing here?

2.       I was also wondering if a Li-ion module had been developed for TRNSYS. I have seen previous messages saying that none existed, is it still the case?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Sylvain Hippolyte

GDF SUEZ Mail Disclaimer: http://www.gdfsuez.com/disclaimer/disclaimer-fr.html