[TRNSYS-users] Anticipating consumption by loading storage tank beforehand

Mäkinen Janne janne.makinen at aalto.fi
Tue Aug 21 04:56:51 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am hoping that someone could give some advices. My problem is how to control ground heat pump Type 668 so that it would not be ON when elctricity supposedly is more expensive. How could i control the heat pump so that it would load storage tank, if it is needed, before pumps schedule says they shoul be off?

I have forcing function for the pumps schedule and thermostat to control storage tanks water temperature. Is it eaven possible to somehow anticipate consumption peaks and load storage tank? It seems that all my attempts to control the heat pump causes it to stay ON the whole time schedule allows it to be ON or that control does not affect anything...

Thanks for any help.

Janne