[TRNSYS-users] formatting raw weather data for use in TRNSYS17 model validation

Paul OSullivan Paul.OSullivan at cit.ie
Thu Aug 30 08:58:33 PDT 2012

Hi TRNSYS users,

I have raw weather data from a weather station that I want to use in validating a simulation model against observational data in a single room. What is the process of inputting and formatting this data (in .csv format) so it can be used in TRNSYS17 as the weather file. From what I have read Type 15 reads in standard formats (TMY2 etc) but my weather data isn’t in a standard format. There are typical measurements with this weather station (i.e. dry blub temp, RH, total incident radiation on horizontal surface, barometric pressure, wind speed, wind direction, etc)

Do I need to use the ‘getIncidentRadiation’ function to generate the required data?

Or do i need to use a weather converter utility outside of TRNSYS17?

Also, I do not have 8760 datapoints for each parameter, i want to validate the model during a shorter time period, i.e. 1 week. is this possible with TRNSYS?

Thanks for any help or advice on where to read up on this.

Kind Regards

Paul