[TRNSYS-users] formatting raw weather data for use in TRNSYS17model validation

Kersken, Matthias Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de
Thu Aug 30 23:28:19 PDT 2012

Dear Paul!

I suggest You use Type99 in free format.

This is a combined data reader an weather processor, so You can configure it
according to the structure of Your weather data.

Further information You can find in the documentation under 4.14.2.

If I’m right the first line of Your weather data will be taken as Your
starting time, so there is no problem in starting in the middle of the year;

You don’t need a whole year, just take the data You need.

Still You must set the right start time in the control cards; otherwise Your
solar radiation and Your calculated sun position will divert and create an
error.

Best regards,

                Matthias Kersken

---

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Kersken
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Abteilung Energiesysteme

Fraunhofer-Institut für Bauphysik IBP
Institutsteil Holzkirchen

Fraunhoferstraße 10
83626 Valley

eMail:  <mailto:Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de>
Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de
Telefon 08024 / 643-204
Telefax 08024 / 643-366
 <http://www.ibp.fraunhofer.de/> www.ibp.fraunhofer.de

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Kersken
Research Associate / Department Energy Systems

Fraunhofer-Institute for Building Physics IBP
Branch Holzkirchen

Fraunhoferstraße 10
D-83626 Valley

eMail:  <mailto:Matthias.Kersken at ibp.fraunhofer.de>