[TRNSYS-users] building simulation

Matthias Maier matthiasmaier90 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:30:07 PST 2012

Hi TRNSYS-users,

I am studying electrical engineering at the Technical University of Munich
and currently I am writing my bachelor´s thesis at the Institute for Energy
Economy and Application Technology. My subject is the comparison and
assessment of various building simulation programs. Background of this
thesis is the development of an automatized demand side management for
commercial buildings, in case of the emergence of a dynamic electricity
tariff in Germany. Therefor a whole thermal simulation of the building and
it´s HVAC systems would be necessary.

One of my tasks is to estimate the costs for the implementation of a
building including its HVAC systems. For this reason I selected an example
building to estimate the costs for (added in the attachment). Support
referred me to this user service. I would be very grateful if anyone could
tell me how long it takes to implement this example building including its
HVAC to TRNSYS and perform a high-resolution simulation (minute-basis) for
a eperienced user.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Matthias Maier