[TRNSYS-users] Type 32 - Unexpected error

Martin Ssembatya mssembatya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 05:08:44 PST 2012

Hi every one,

I am using Type 32 to model the cooling capacity delivered by the FCUs to
occupied zones from a solar cooling system. But however, this type is
disappointing me with one unexpected error message i.e. "The TRNSYS routine
has found an inconsistency in the specified component between the input
file and the information expected by the type (Type32).
*Report information; "*An illegal INPUT value has been reported by the
model. The model has reported that input 3 is the problem." Input 3
corresponds to the air flow rate!

I have checked the source code of this model and i realized it should only
return this message when this input3, the air mass flow rate, and water
mass flow are less than zero. If equal to zero, the model sets the inputs =
outputs and the energy rates = zero. I am getting stuck because this means
that the air mass flow rate of 1140 kg/hr i am  using should work
perfectly. I therefore, request for any assistance in case someone has ever
encountered and solved this problem.

Thanks in advance
Martin Ssembatya