[TRNSYS-users] Simulation of a False Ceiling

Heinze heinze at ingweber.de
Wed Jul 11 09:40:03 PDT 2012

Hello TRNsys Users,

i have a question about the simulation of a false ceiling. I know there was a discussion about how to simulate it some time ago, which can be found in the attachment.

My question is about the final solution with two zones.

One zone is the room itself, this is clear.

Then the other one is the false ceiling. Joke has written that it exists of two parts: one part with high conductivity and the other part with the resistance of  the false ceiling.

But i dont know how these parts should look like ?! I´ve attached a picture of how i understand this.

And i dont know what "construction" the air to air area should be or is it just a massless layer and how the two zones are coupled ? adjacent ceiling?

Many thanks in advance

Sascha Heinze