[TRNSYS-users] numerical differential equation solver

CHEZE David 227480 david.cheze at cea.fr
Tue Oct 2 05:32:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using the numerical differential equation solver feature from TRNSYS17.1.16 (DFQ=1 runge-kutta) in a user component (temperature value) and I'm wondering if there is a way to get the final value of the solution returned by GetNumericalSolution(), not only the average value of the solution over the timestep.
I tried to see how it was managed by degugging step-into features but did not found so much (how is tavg variable updated?)... : any detailed comments would be much appreciated ! Especially for the 2 first calls, GetNumericalSolution is returning twice the same value while the preivous SetNumericalDerivative() call was made with a non-zero derivative value.
I hope that the alternative way to get the result will not be to write a self-made diff eq solver...

Thanks,

David