[TRNSYS-users] Heating limit temperature

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Oct 12 09:49:20 PDT 2012

<No! I would like to turn off my heating in case the average daily
temperature is HIGHER than 12°C !! The main idea behind this is to
represent the amount of heating days (depending on the climate zone,
mostly 222days)>

Do you want to look at the last 24 hours when making
your decision or the current day? If you want to look at the last 24
hours then use the moving average calculator. If you want to look at the
current day (which would in reality require a forecast) then you should
pre-process the weather file and create another data file which contains
the "on" or "off" signal for the day. But to be honest, if you've got
the model correct, a standard thermostat will turn on and off the
heating equipment when it's needed and you can adjust the building
parameters and occupant behavior to tune the model to get to your
magical 222 days (not sure how you got that number).

Jeff

---

Jeff
Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI
USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 10/12/2012
10:15 am, Michael Diekerhof wrote:

> Leen,
> Best,
> Michael

GESENDET: Freitag, 12. Oktober 2012 um 15:37 Uhr
> VON: "leen peeters"

> AN: "Michael Diekerhof"
> CC: TRNSYS-users at cae.wisc.edu
> BETREFF:
Re: [TRNSYS-users] Heating limit temperature

> Michael,
>
> can
you try to explain this more clearly?
> Is what you want to do to turn
off the heating in case the average daily tempearture is below 12 °C?

<michael.diekerhof at web.de> wrote:

>> Dear all,
>> I´m looking for an
easy solution to adjust a heating limit temperature (No heating power,
if the average day temperature is higher than 12°C).
>> Is it better to
use the moving average or the integrator??
>> I already did it in EXCEL
because my first ambition was just to calculate Qheat. But if my
simulation won´t end at calculating, but using the net Qheat it´s a very
uncomfortable solution.
>> Thanks in advance
>> Best,
>> Michael