[TRNSYS-users] Example Type 4 to Type 56 connection

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Oct 31 09:34:52 PDT 2012

TRNSYS does it's best to emulate real-world systems.  So if you had a
tank full of hot water in real life and wanted to heat your room, how
would you do it? Therein lies your answer.  Short of spraying the hot
water into the room (not advised), you could pump the hot water to a
radiator and heat the room, you could pump the hot water to a fan coil
unit and blow air across the coil and into the room (called
ventilation), or you could pump the hot water to a radiant floor.  All
systems would then return the cooled water back to the tank - unless
your spraying the water into the room which is still not advised...  So
if in the real world you would need a pump, pipes, a controller and a
fan coil to heat the room, in TRNSYS you'll need a pump model,
controller model, a pipe model and a fan coil model to heat the modeled
room.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com