[TRNSYS-users] Internal walls in Type56

Antoine Gautier antoine.gautier at solamen.fr
Sun Sep 9 09:33:23 PDT 2012

Dear users

I have some doubts about the way internal walls should be modeled precisely
within Type56.

If I consider an inside wall with heavy concrete on one side and significant
insulation on the other side why should the area be doubled as specified in
the documentation §5.2.4.2? Indeed only the heavy concrete face is really
effective as a thermal mass.

If I model the wall as a boundary wall (with heavy face exposed) with
identical temperature I have quite different results whereas the thermal
storage and release should not be so different than in the case of an
internal wall.

Thanks for your help

--

Antoine Gautier