[TRNSYS-users] Drain water heat recovery

Graham S. Wright graham at wrightonsustainability.com
Tue Sep 11 09:47:47 PDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to use TRNSYS to model drain water heat recovery, if there are suitable components.  How should I approach this ?  The focus is residential (single and multi-family).  The output I am looking for is basically the annual average increase in the temperature of the incoming cold water, post-recovery.

On a related note, I think I remember seeing somewhere on the internet that some in the US had put together a detailed hot water draw profile with thousands of events that required six-second time resolution.  Does this ring a bell and if so how would one get that into a TRNSYS schedule ?

Regards

Graham S. Wright