[TRNSYS-users] TRNOPT 2.1.54 help needed

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Tue Sep 11 10:05:06 PDT 2012

Dear George,

I have a couple of suggestions. First of all, with
the current version of TRNSYS (17.01.0016) and the TESS
Libraries(17.1.01), which I assume that you have, the documentation for
TRNOPT is now located in the ".Tess ModelsDocumentation" directory.
Also, please make sure that you are using GenOpt 3. I tried both 3.0 and
3.1, and it works fine on my machine. Please make sure that you can run
the TRNOPT example, and if you continue to have issues, please email
techsupport at tess-inc.com.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-09-09
12:03, George Kyriakarakos wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> We upgraded to
TRNSYS 17 and also got the TRNOPT update. The installation exe file that
was provided for us works ok, but we are left with a blank documentation
folder after installation.

> What we want to know is which version
of Genopt is supported by trnopt 2.1.54 and which java version is
recommended (inside trnopt where you set the java path version
jre1.6.0_07 appears in the default path. Is this version the
recommended?).

> Thank you in advance

> George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
>
> MSc Energy Systems &
Renewable Energy Sources

> Agricultural University of Athens,

Dept. of Natural Resources and Agricultural Engineering

> Iera odos
street, 75, Athens 11855, Greece

> Tel. +30.210.5294046 (direct),
Fax: +30.210.5294023