[TRNSYS-users] No trnsys3d _b17.idf file being created from sketchup

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Sep 20 06:47:52 PDT 2012

Paul,

The *_b17.idf is a byproduct file that is created when you
import the *.idf into TRNBuild. You can import the *.idf from TRNBuild,
or you can import the *.idf from the Studio wizard. When this happens,
it creates the *.b17 and the *_b17.idf. You need to simply import your
TRNSYS3D *.idf file.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-09-20 05:05,
Paul OSullivan wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS Users
>
> I am wondering I you
can help me with a technical detail. TRNSYS3d is not generating the .idf
file when I am working in google sketchup 8.

> I am doing everything
exactly as the tutorial guidelines but when I ask it to save the input
data file it appears to save and gives no errors or warnings but when I
go looking for the file nothing has been generated.

> There is
no_b17 version available to import via the studio wizard.

> As a
result I cannot import the file that has been created even though I can
see the trnsys zone perfectly in sketchup and I can even save and reopen
the file in sketchup using the trnsys3d plugin, but for some reason
there is no b17 file available for import into simulation studio.

Any ideas much appreciated.