[TRNSYS-users] Type 2b auxiliary heater of a stratified storage tank

Rajaa Badaoui rajaa.badaoui at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:17:31 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm stuck with trying to control the outside temperature of a stratified
storage tank (type534) with the controller type2b and the auxiliary heater
type6.
When i first connect only the auxiliary heater to the tank, the auxiliary
heater was ON only when there was a flow stream.
Then i connected a controller to maintain the auxiliary heater even if
there is no flowrate. the outside storage tank temperature has to be always
at 55°C.
But sometimes the outside temperature of the tank is lower than 55°C.
I think i put a sufficient maximum heating rate in the type6.
I connected the tank nodal temperature to the lower input temperature of
the controller
I set the upper input temperature of the controller to 55°C

Can somebody help me to understand why i can't maintain the outside
temperature at 55°C?

I'll be grateful for any advice

Thanks in advance

Rajaa