[TRNSYS-users] Generate hourly ambient temperature and relative humidity

Zhe Li zhe.li at dit.ie
Mon Apr 15 05:53:12 PDT 2013

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your time and help.

I am wondering if there is any simplify explanation in regarding with how to
generate hourly ambient temperature and relative humidity. I am writing up
my PhD thesis, it is critical important to understand and descript how
TRNSYS generate hourly ambient temperature, relative humidity and solar
radiation from provided monthly weather data. I am using Type56 to generate
hourly weather data for a combined solar thermal and air-source heat pump
system. I have carried out several validations and the result obtained from
TRNSYS are quite close to the measured results from real system which is
very satisfying. However, I will have to explain how to generate these
weather data. I have read through the mathematic description several time,
however, it only gives a very brief description which is certainly not
sufficient. I have tried to look up the references, the two very important
references are:

Degelman , L.O., "A Weather Simulation Model for Building Energy Analysis,"
ASHRAE Transactions, Symposium on Weather Data, Seattle, WA, Annual Meeting,
June 1976, pp. 435-447

Degelman, L.O., "Monte Carlo Simulation of Solar Radiation and Dry Bulb
Temperatures for Air Conditioning Purposes," Report No. 70-9, sponsored by
the National Science Foundation under Grant No. GK-2204, Department of
Architectural Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, September,
(1970).

I have not been able to find them and study them. Would be possible if
anybody could let me know how to obtain these two documents? I have also
tried to study the source code ( type54) and hope to understand it. However,
it is quite complicated and there are a lot of abbreviation which is very
difficult to understand what they are standing for.

I would really appreciate if anybody could give me help with this. It is so
important for me.

Thank you very much.

Zhe Li

Tá an teachtaireacht seo scanta ó thaobh ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta Ríomhphost de chuid Seirbhísí Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith slán.  http://www.dit.ie