[TRNSYS-users] TRNFLOW - Pressure drop through fan

Arnaud Candaele arnaudcandaele at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 04:32:21 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with a pressure drop through a fan. I have an
Auxiliary node at 0 Pa, linked to a thermal node.
The link is defined FROM Auxiliary node TO thermal node.

When I observe the pressure drop through the fan, I get a positive pressure
drop through the fan, which means according to the documentation that my
auxiliary pressure is ABOVE my thermal node pressure... When I monitor also
my thermal node pressure, I indeed get a negative pressure corresponding
exactly to that pressure drop.

But if I also observe the flow into my thermal zone, and through the fan, I
get positive flows INTO my thermal zone.

I don't understand, because also from documentation, the fan curve links
pressure drops as (pressure in "TO node" - pressure in "FROM node") for a
flow that is defined positive in the direction FROM to TO.

Thus, how can I get both a positive flow from my "FROM" node (auxiliary) to
my "TO" node (the thermal node) AND in the same time have a higher pressure
in my auxiliary node... ?
What am I missing here?

Of course what I want is to raise the pressure through this fan thus have a
higher pressure in my thermal node than in my auxiliary node.

Thanks for your help !

Arnaud.