[TRNSYS-users] Modelling ASHP in hydronic heating

Paul OSullivan Paul.OSullivan at cit.ie
Mon Apr 22 13:09:44 PDT 2013

Dear TRNSYS users,

We are trying to model an Air Source Heat Pump used in a hydronic
heating system in Ireland. The heat pump is located externally and
removes heat from the outdoor air to reject into the water based heating
system circuit. I am wondering if there is a type available for this
purpose. The inlet air temperature to the heat pump would be the
untreated outdoor air and the entering liquid temperature would be the
return water temperature from the single zone heater. Is this possible
for example with TESS Type 917 ? I have attached the ASHP data sheet for
info.

Thanks for any help, advice.

Kind Regards

Paul