[TRNSYS-users] Dividing by Zero

Flynn Ciaran ciaran.flynn at aalto.fi
Thu Aug 15 04:49:41 PDT 2013

Hei Amir,

You can work around this by making a separate equation for the denominator.

For example, set an equation for your denominator (assuming it is always positive) as: If denominator = 0, set "new_denominator" = (-1)
Then link this to your existing equation as: GT(new_denominator,0)*(numerator/new_denominator).
This way if your equation is negative you'll know that you had a division by zero...

Regards,
Ciarán