[TRNSYS-users] Chilled ceiling panel (type 56) - Range check error

Flynn Ciaran ciaran.flynn at aalto.fi
Mon Aug 19 09:04:43 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I am having trouble figuring out why I am getting "Range check errors" when trying to model chilled ceiling panels. I have gone through the manual and mail archive but I still cannot understand where this error comes from... This is what I have tried (the building has one zone):

-        Chilled ceiling assigned to EXT_ROOF  in position 1. In position 2, an 8cm thick concrete slab (I also tried assigning a chilled ceiling to ADJ_CEILING in position 1 but nothing came of it either)

-        In the layer type manager, I left everything as default.

-        In the chilled ceiling specification window, 15C and 750 kg/hr are the inlet temperature and flow rate of the fluid.

-        Time base = 1 and time step = 0.1 h.

Any help is welcome!

Thank you,
Ciarán