[TRNSYS-users] Type 508c cooling coil problems

santeri siren santeri.siren.laatikko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 04:40:40 PDT 2013

 Dear TRNSYS users,

I need to simulate a dehumifying AHU cooling coil in one of my projects and
type 508c seemed to be most suitable for this purpose. However when I
tested type 508c the results are really strange and it doesnt seem to work
properly at all.

Description of my test project:

Type 92 auxiliary cooler cools water steream to 8 C --> type 110 single
speed pump makes the water flow ---> water flows into type 508c cooling
coil that is set to keep air outlet temperature at 16 C.

Please see the attached picture. It shows the results in my test simulation
(air and water temperatures and flow rates) (air flow and inlet air RH are
constant)

Results show that type 508c manages to keep the air outlet temperature in
its setpoint (16C) only at some point. Other times air outlet temperature
behawes strangely. Also, coil water flow and bypass flow dont make sense.

Could someone please help me to make this work ?

best regards,
Santeri Siren