[TRNSYS-users] operative temperature

leen peeters l.f.r.peeters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 06:00:30 PST 2013

Karol,

in TRNBUILD, when you defined a zone, you can define a comfort type.  When
you do so, you see that there are 2 ways to define it. One is based on
surface averaged temperatures, when takes into account your geoposition.
Even if the position of your object is known, TRNSYS will not calculate its
impact on view factors.
If you want to do that, you can demand surface temperatures as output as
well as the air temperature, and perform the comfort calculation in TRNSYS
using an equation writer. You will be one timestep late, but if you chose
them small enough, you should be OK.

leen