[TRNSYS-users] Type 666 Chiller Queries

Jean Marais jeannieboef at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:10:42 PST 2013

Wow. You stated these questions so well that I can only think that you did
so already knowing the answeres.
1. You can't. You need a comprehensive data set from your chiller supplier,
specifying a matrix of COPs at different water temperatures on supply and
return side as well as condenser supply and return side.
2. This will be clear in the data set. It is very possible.
3. There is no mathematical thermal corrolation. It is chiller dependant.
It is a different data set.
4. Yes. You'll need data at all the points where your chiller may operate
at. For example if you don't have data for the chiller performance at less
than 20% of full rated capacity, then the simulation will issue a warning
when your chiller model is required to output results at these conditions
(most chillers will turn off below 20% demand).
5. Correct.
I stand corrected on any points.