[TRNSYS-users] User-defined CHTC: pane temperature calculation diverging

Sarah Leenknegt sarah.leenknegt at bwk.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 25 10:03:26 PST 2013

Dear David,

Thank you for your answer. I know about Type93, in fact I have tried
with one or four time steps, did not make a difference. About the
correlation, I have manually tried several variable or constant values,
which I would expect would challenge convergence, but as long as I did
not use the input value recall, the simulation would run.
In the meantime, I was experimenting a bit, and found the following
strange solution. The first equation does work, the second one doesn't..
(1) max(0.01,2*abs(surftemp-airtemp)**0.31 + 0*time)
(2) max(0.01,2*abs(surftemp-airtemp)**0.31)

I can accept this as a workaround, but would like to understand why it
is needed..

Thanks,

Sarah

ir. arch. Sarah Leenknegt - KU Leuven - Building Physics Section -
Department of Civil Engineering - Kasteelpark Arenberg 40, bus 2447 -
B-3001 Heverlee, Belgium - tel. +32(0)16321347