[TRNSYS-users] User-defined CHTC: pane temperature calculation diverging

Marion Hiller hiller at transsolar.com
Mon Feb 25 23:40:11 PST 2013

Sarah,

in general, very low CHTC values cause convergence errors in all
simulation programs. Therefore, the min. values is often fixed to value
of 1W/m² = 3.6 kJ/h.
If the min. value is very low and the initial surface temperatures are
set equal to the initial zone temperature convergence problems like pane
temperature diverging may occur.

I'm not sure but do you use Type93 for input recall or not?

In addition, I have in mind that the component order could help with
convergence problems. You may check both orders  Type93 before and
after Type 56.

Marion

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller
TRANSSOLAR: KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen
und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäude
Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347, Steuernummer 99073/00911, USt-IdNr.:
DE152272639
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer,
Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst, Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Bleicher