[TRNSYS-users] Does Shadings Work?

Karol Bandurski karol.bandurski at put.poznan.pl
Mon Jan 7 02:34:31 PST 2013

Dear Eva,

You should have .shm file in your project folder  to take into account
shadows form sketchUp.

You can create it in TRNBuild: Generate->generate shading/insolation matrix
or ALT+S

To understand construction of .shm file I advise you to read relevant
chapter in vol. 05 Multizone Building of Trnsys documentation.

In short if your window is shadowed it should appear in .shm file. Shadowed
means that there is some obstruction for sun radiation expect flat surface
on which window is placed.

Regards,

Karol