[TRNSYS-users] Issues with Relative Humidity of a lecture hall model

#TEO YONG SIANG# YSTEO1 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Sat Jan 19 00:10:30 PST 2013

Sorry for the repost, i have missed out the subject. My apologies.

Dear all,

I am new to TRNSYS and i am currently trying to simulate a lecture hall cooling in Singapore where the weather condition is hot and humid.
But i am having problem with the humidity. I am trying to achieve a RH of 50%. However the RH i am getting from the result are in the range of 20% RH.
However if i increase the amount of outdoor air ventilation to 50% of the supply air then i am able to achieve a RH of 50 to 60%. However this does not seems to be realistic.
I have a schedule that actually runs only in the day into the late evening about 10 PM and the cooling is off till the next morning.
I have also checked in terms of the humidity ratio. However the ratio dropped very rapidly once the simulation starts which correspond to the low RH.

My question are:
1) does the gain from human actually contribute moisture? Or it only contributes only the latent heat in terms of energy but not in term of moisture?
2) Does the humidity model actually affects the amount of moisture the space is able to hold?
3) Where the moisture actually goes to in my model as i have a schedule running.
3) I would also like to have a positive pressure inside the space, how may i go about doing this?

I have included my model.. If any one is able to kindly advice me on this.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Teo