[TRNSYS-users] Convertible roof modeling

Mohamed Adel mohamed.adel at sl-rasch.de
Thu Jan 31 08:06:38 PST 2013

Dear Trnsys users,

I am using the building model Type 56 and Trnbuild to model a stadium, I need to
model a stadium covered with a convertible (PTFE) membrane with a thickness of 3
mm. I Have two questions regarding this model.

- Firstly i would like to know how i would model this small thickness as when i
model the membrane as a roof and select the PTFE material i get an error message
regarding the heat transfer function.

-I want to model the operation of this membrane as a convertible membrane which
means that this membrane opens at a certain time and close at a certain time. I
tried modelling a window with the same surface area of the roof but i don't know
how to remove the glazing from the window and also specify the shading material.

I would be thank full if anyone answer me.

Best Regards

Mohamed Adel
M.Sc. Ing.