[TRNSYS-users] Type 340 : local boiling close to internal electrical heater

Damien Casetta damien.casetta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 06:32:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have just replaced type 60 with type 340 in a domestic hot water system
model (both are vertical heat store models). Type 340 setup is aimed to be,
at first, as close as possible to Type 60 setup (please find both models in
the attached file).

Hence :

- I added an internal electrical heater at the bottom of the store,
controlled by a thermostat inside at  middle height of the store.

- There are 15 nodes.

However, I get a lot of warnings in the lst file because of temperatures
over 100°C in the heater node. It did not happen with type 60. Here is my
point :

- How can it be, as both types are supposed to use a similar modeling
approach (isothermal nodes)?

- Is there a way to ignore these warnings in particular?

- More generally, how convergence can be impoved with type 340 using an
electrical heater?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
--
*Damien CASETTA*
*INSA Lyon / Génie Energétique et Environnement*