[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS 3D: ADJ_CEILINGs Recognized in TRNSYS 3D but not in TRNBUILD

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Thu Jul 18 00:44:57 PDT 2013

Dear Aaron,

Although the floors in F21-F34 are adjacent surfaces and defined as ADJ_Ceilings, the type need to be defined as floors.
Use the object info tool in SU2013 and change the type. This should work.

Best

Jochen Lam
TRNSYS Software Team

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
Curiestraße 2
70563 Stuttgart
Fax:        +49 711 67976-11
Email:    jlam at transsolar.com<mailto:jlam at transsolar.com>
Web:      www.trnsys.de<http://www.trnsys.de>

Von: trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu [mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu] Im Auftrag von Aaron Danenberg
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013 02:28
An: trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS 3D: ADJ_CEILINGs Recognized in TRNSYS 3D but not in TRNBUILD

Fellow TRNSYS Users:

I have a simple building I created in TRNSYS 3D.  When working in SU2013 I can see use the "Info Tool" to verify that a ceiling in the first floor corresponds to the interior floor on the second floor.  However once I open in TRNBUILD all of the adjacent ceilings become undefined.  I manually opened the IDF file, and could not see anything strange.

I have attached the IDF file.  Please let me know what I may be doing wrong or if there is some kind of work around.  I would prefer to not use a manual override and loose the ability to make additional edits with SU2013.

The building consists of 3 floors, and 4 zones per floor.  The zone nomenclature is F = Floor, the first number is the floor #, and the second number the zone number.  For example F21 is on top of F11.

Thank you,

Aaron Danenberg