[TRNSYS-users] Convection in type 534 and inversion mixing flowrate

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jul 18 12:21:16 PDT 2013

<I am facing a problem with the convection in type 534. I read the
documentation but I still don't understand few things.
Can somebody
explain me the behaviour of this type when the parameter inversion
mixing flowrate is equal to 0 ?>

When the inversion flow rate is set
to zero, temperature inversions in the tank are not rectified and the
system can remain in that state (hotter beneath colder). If the
inversion flow rate is set to a positive, non-zero number, the nodes
involved in the inversion will be mixed at the specified flow rate
(inversions dissolve over time). If the inversion flow rate is set to a
negative, non-zero number, the nodes involved in the inversion are
immediately mixed at the end of every timestep through an internal
mixing process to eliminate any temperature inversions.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street,
Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 07/18/2013
8:49 am, Rajaa Badaoui wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am facing a problem
with the convection in type 534. I read the documentation but I still
don't understand few things. Can somebody explain me the behaviour of
this type when the parameter inversion mixing flowrate is equal to 0 ?

> Which parameter modelize the convection phenomena, and how the fluid
exhange is managed in the type?

> Thank you so much for any answers
or advice,