[TRNSYS-users] Modifying TRN3D IDF File (Window Sizes), Applying Types to All or Selected Zones, and Schedules

Aaron Danenberg aaron_danenberg at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:43:53 PDT 2013

Fellow TRN3D Users:
Is it possible to change a windows dimensions when using SketchUp?  I created a detailed model, and hoping I do not have to create an entirely new model.  I simply would like to change the window area and possibly location of the window on the EXT_WALL surface.
Also, is there a way to create a Type like Heat001, and then apply it to all zones, or select from a list of zones.  I have been doing this manually by editing the the in the .BUI file which is faster than manually opening countless zones and adding gains, heating, cooling, humidity types.
Last question is there a way to create seasonal, weekly, or monthly schedules to apply at certain points throughout the year.  Lets say that I want to input special events, for example a School that might have a few basketball games where the court is filled close to capacity with parents and fans.  I am looking to model special events and estimate HVAC costs for events that do not fall within the typical schedule.  I know I could just run a smaller simulation of just the event and specific zones.  Though I also am working on a project for a museum that is closed for certain months during the year, so seasonal schedules would be helpful.
Thanks!
Aaron Danenberg