[TRNSYS-users] Modifying TRN3D IDF File (Window Sizes), Applying Types to All or Selected Zones, and Schedules

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Mon Jul 29 01:07:20 PDT 2013

Dear Aaron,

1.       You need to export the model to an idf, afterwards you can edit the model with sketchup.

2.       The way you've chosen with editing the bui file in an editor is the fastest way. There is no function to accelerate

this process in TRNBuild, yet.

3.       You can define daily and weekly schedules in TRNBUILD. There are two ways to apply schedules for

longer terms:

Use Type 41 and Type 14 to create a seasonal schedule. You can combine them with an equation.

Or

Use Type 9 and read in a schedule profile from an external file, that you've created in e.g. excel.

                In both ways, you need to pass the schedule value as an Input in TYPE 56 and select input instead of schedule in your regimes.

Best regards

Jochen Lam
TRNSYS Software Team

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH