[TRNSYS-users] Error in 3D building project wizard import from Sketchup

Paula Claudino pclaudino at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:14:39 PDT 2013

Hello,

Has anyone else had a problem creating a 3D building project using the
wizard import? I have followed the advice to try importing after creating
each zone to make sure things are still working well, but I keep getting
the same error, nonetheless. The error is occurring after I add one large
zone, composed of many surfaces.

Is there a limit to the number of surfaces allowed per zone?

The error is that two weather modules are created in the Simulation Studio
and when I try to run the simulation I get the error "TRNSYS Message 15:
The referenced EQUATION name was previously defined in the TRNSYS input
file. All TRNSYS EQUATION names must be unique."  When I find this
"duplicate" equation and delete it, I get a new error stating that there is
an undefined variable.

I have now spent about two weeks trying to figure this out, so any tips
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paula Claudino
MASc candidate, Carleton University