[TRNSYS-users] Solar wood dryer

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Jun 10 10:22:31 PDT 2013

<I work on a project of a conception of a solar wood dryer and i
have a problem with the control of the temperature. My aim is to
maintain the cold-side outlet temperature of a heat exchanger water/air
at a constant value. It is connected to a stratified storage water tank
that the profile of the temperature of its top is variable due to the
fluctuation of the solar radiation.>

The Type 670 heating coil in the
TESS HVAC Library does exactly as you suggest - maintains a given
air-side outlet temperature by varying (bypassing) the hot, liquid side
flow rate around the heat exchanger.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 06/10/2013 6:40 am, Amani ZRIBA
wrote:

> Dear Madam / Sir,
>
> I work on a project of a conception
of a solar wood dryer and i have a problem with the control of the
temperature. My aim is to maintain the cold-side outlet temperature of a
heat exchanger water/air at a constant value. It is connected to a
stratified storage water tank that the profile of the temperature of its
top is variable due to the fluctuation of the solar radiation.

have thought that the control of the water outlet flow of the tank could
solve the problem, but i didn't find the appropriate components to
simulate this test.

> Can you help me to continue my work?

Thank you for your kindness.