[TRNSYS-users] Error message - unit inconsistency

Raksit Pattanapitoon rp327 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 15 01:33:30 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I have been running into this error message:

*TRNSYS Message 25 : Error in determining the unit number specified in an
EQUATION. To reference an OUTPUT in a TRNSYS EQUATION, both the UNIT number
and OUTPUT number must be enclosed by square brackets and separated by a
comma. For example [1,2]*
*
*
I think this probably comes from the Equation I use to convert between
humidity ratio and %RH (if the error message means something else please
let me know). The conversion is necessary because the moist air flow mixer
(type 11c) and moist air tee-piece (type 11g) that I'm using need humidity
ratio as input/output but my TRNBuild component outputs %RH. Even though I
use Equation to change the value, the unit is not changed and thus I am
still connecting %RH output to humidity ratio input which causes the error.
Does anyone know a way around this?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best,
Raksit

--
Raksit Pattanapitoon
Cornell University Mechanical Engineering